I love Sunday mornings. We always celebrate being together by having a special breakfast, accompanied by fancy drinks. It is a little known fact that you can pick up decadent syrups from coffeehouses like Starbucks inexpensively and then fix drinks for yourself at home.
Today we had Cinnamon Mochas. Here is how we made them:
- chocolate milk (or regular milk with chocolate syrup - 2% is best but anything will work)
- slightly sweetened whipped cream
- Cinnamon Dolce syrup (but any flavor works!)
- ground cinnamon
- Make coffee.
- While coffee brews, steam the milk, stirring occassionally. You can mix the chocolate milk with regular milk if you prefer a less chocolatey flavor.
- Combine coffee and milk in the mug as desired. (For kids, either omit the coffee or make decaf.)
- Stir in syrup to taste.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon to garnish.