Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blossoms!

Hi everyone!
Just sent patterns to the printer (they should be available to shops in a couple of weeks so check back soon!) so in the interest of shameless self-promotion I thought I'd take this opportunity to share the details of another of the designs with you...

I'd like you to meet "Blossoms", a fun and versatile pattern that uses two packages of 10"-squares stacks, or 75 10" squares in total.


The quilt pictured above uses two 10"-square stacks of Veranda, my new pattern line from Robert Kaufman, which ships in August.  The sample pictured above was with the help of my mom, daughter, and son.  The ladies traced the applique onto fusible web, fused the petals, pressed, band drew diagonal lines when needed.  Our son was in charge all destructive activities i.e. stabilizer removal.  I manned the sewing machine. 

Here, two of assistants display "Blossoms" on our front porch...


Thank you, assistants!  Deborah Norris, of Deborah's Quilting in Gastonia, NC, did a beuatiful job quilting this, echoing the blossom chapes and covering the back with swirls and leaves, don't you think?




What I love about this pattern is its versatility.  "Blossoms" would look great in springtime prints, like Veranda.  But you could also change the flowers to orange or yellow and it would look fantastic in autumn colors.  Personally, I can't wait to buy a couple of Christmas 10" square packages and make it with white blossomss with bright red centers.  Sara, at Sew Sweetness, has been testing this for me using Amy Butler prints, and maybe she will share soon....  (And I have some other testers out there who will be sharing their version of other patterns in the line - more on that in the near future as well.)

If you are interested in the pattern, or the Veranda fabric, please ask your local shop to place an order.  (The patterns can be ordered through me and the fabric can be ordered through Robert Kaufman.)  If you are one of those unfortunate souls without a local shop,  Fat Quarter Shop will be carrying it all!  (If you are a shopowner who would like to be added to my list as carrying my fabric and/or patterns, please contact me.)

Thanks for letting me share.  I hope you like Blossoms!  (And I'll be doing some pattern giveaways in the future, so stay tuned!)

Happy sewing and thanks for listening to me ramble!
Amanda

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At May 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Jenny Squawk said...

You've done it again! What a gorgeous pattern. Thanks for listing out the additional helpers, puts a girl at ease with feeling all lowly and unproductive.

 
At May 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger PinkGranny said...

This is lovely. I am going to share this page with my 13-yr. old granddaughter. she is next in line for a quilt and this is right up her alley. Thanks for sharing, I am looking forward to purchasing this when it is available.

 
At May 27, 2011 at 12:20 AM , Blogger Gill said...

Gorgeous!
I love it

 
At May 27, 2011 at 3:19 AM , Blogger mellowpuff said...

Pretty!

 
At May 27, 2011 at 5:02 AM , Blogger Caren said...

AMAZING! I love the design, I really do! I am not a quilter (other than not having the space or patience for big projects I have 3 kids under 5 - 'nuf said!) I would LOVE to snuggle under this quilt sooooooo much!

 
At May 27, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Blogger JudyCinNC said...

Wonderful pattern and those colors are heavenly. Great pattern and fabric. Judy C

 
At May 27, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Staci said...

I can't wait for this pattern! I like all your new ones, but this is my very favorite. I'm keeping my eye on FQS so I can order it as soon as it is in stock!

 
At May 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Meg said...

this is STUNNING!! two of my favourite quilt features...scrappy and flowers :) I will be keeping an eye out for fabric and pattern.."shameless self promotion"??...I think, "Thankyou for sharing!"

 
At May 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

This is a beautiful pattern! I can imagine it in my future little girl's room. How wonderful and cheery!

 
At May 28, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger The Sunflower Patch said...

Beautiful flower quilt! So summery :)

 
At May 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackpot Amanda!!!, that has touched the sweet spot, it's just right! I love the generous daisies, they sit pert and pretty on such a gaily coloured diagonal background. It's a super design for a summer quilt!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 8:06 PM , Blogger giggy said...

You are such a talented, gifted woman..love your new pattern!! I can imagine it in so many color schemes, your idea for a christmas quilt is great!! Looking forward to making this, also love the other new ones..

 
At June 27, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger PinkGranny said...

This is the pattern my granddaughter chose for me to make for her. She liked them all but this is hands down her favorite. I will contact my store and ask her to carry it.

 
At November 8, 2014 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Soccermom said...

why was this pattern updated, was there something wrong with it??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

1 2 3 Amanda Murphy Design: Blossoms! 4 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 25 26 27

Blossoms!

28
Hi everyone!
Just sent patterns to the printer (they should be available to shops in a couple of weeks so check back soon!) so in the interest of shameless self-promotion I thought I'd take this opportunity to share the details of another of the designs with you...

I'd like you to meet "Blossoms", a fun and versatile pattern that uses two packages of 10"-squares stacks, or 75 10" squares in total.


The quilt pictured above uses two 10"-square stacks of Veranda, my new pattern line from Robert Kaufman, which ships in August.  The sample pictured above was with the help of my mom, daughter, and son.  The ladies traced the applique onto fusible web, fused the petals, pressed, band drew diagonal lines when needed.  Our son was in charge all destructive activities i.e. stabilizer removal.  I manned the sewing machine. 

Here, two of assistants display "Blossoms" on our front porch...


Thank you, assistants!  Deborah Norris, of Deborah's Quilting in Gastonia, NC, did a beuatiful job quilting this, echoing the blossom chapes and covering the back with swirls and leaves, don't you think?




What I love about this pattern is its versatility.  "Blossoms" would look great in springtime prints, like Veranda.  But you could also change the flowers to orange or yellow and it would look fantastic in autumn colors.  Personally, I can't wait to buy a couple of Christmas 10" square packages and make it with white blossomss with bright red centers.  Sara, at Sew Sweetness, has been testing this for me using Amy Butler prints, and maybe she will share soon....  (And I have some other testers out there who will be sharing their version of other patterns in the line - more on that in the near future as well.)

If you are interested in the pattern, or the Veranda fabric, please ask your local shop to place an order.  (The patterns can be ordered through me and the fabric can be ordered through Robert Kaufman.)  If you are one of those unfortunate souls without a local shop,  Fat Quarter Shop will be carrying it all!  (If you are a shopowner who would like to be added to my list as carrying my fabric and/or patterns, please contact me.)

Thanks for letting me share.  I hope you like Blossoms!  (And I'll be doing some pattern giveaways in the future, so stay tuned!)

Happy sewing and thanks for listening to me ramble!
Amanda

Labels: , ,

29 30 31 32